CALL US NOW 865-428-9488

On the night of Nov. 28, 2016, terrible wildfires affected the Great Smoky Mountains around Gatlinburg, TN where I grew up. The firefighters, first responders, the Red Cross and many other organizations have done an incredible job in their emergency response efforts. Now as we look to the future, there are a lot of families who will need our help rebuilding and restoring their lives and the beautiful land we all call home.

I’ve always believed charity begins at home and that’s why I’ve asked my companies to help me establish a fund to assist the victims of the Great Smoky Mountain wildfires in Tennessee.

My People Fund



Personal Info

Donation Total: $0.00

The Dollywood Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and 100% of your donation will go directly to the families affected by the wildfires.

A tax deductible donation can be mailed to:

The Dollywood Foundation
My People Fund
111 Dollywood Lane
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863

Please include “My People Fund” on the memo line and include a return address for a tax receipt.

About My People Fund

The My People Fund provides $1000 each month for up to six months to Sevier County families who lost their homes in the wildfires. Anyone can donate to the My People Fund online or by mail. 100% of your donation will go directly to the families affected by the wildfires.


A family whose primary residence (renters or homeowners) is a complete loss or is uninhabitable due to the wildfires in Sevier County will be eligible. Get Help

The CARE MORE Assistance Center will open on December 15, 16, 19 & 20 from 10am to 7pm.

The primary resident of the lost home will need to visit us in person at our CARE MORE Assistance Center located at the LeConte Center (2986 Teaster Lane, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863) on the dates and times listed above.

More Ways To Help

In addition to donating to My People Fund, there are more ways you can help the people affected.
To inquire about donating items or to receive donated items, please call 1-866-586-4483 or 865-430-7384.

WBIR has compiled a complete list of organizations and businesses that are offering assistance to those affected by these wildfires.

Help raise awareness by sharing My People Fund across your social media network using #MyPeopleFund #SomePlaceSpecial. Also, plan a visit to the Great Smoky Mountains. While our residents and business owners are rebuilding there is still a lot to see and do throughout the area.


Dolly Parton’s Dixie Stampede
Dolly Parton’s Lumberjack Adventure
Pirates Voyage
The Dollywood Company
The Dollywood Foundation

A very special thanks to the following supporting partners:

Blalock Companies
Miley Cyrus’ Happy Hippie Foundation
Tanger Outlets

My People Fund: FAQS


When can I apply for assistance?
The CARE MORE Assistance Center located at LeConte Center (2986 Teaster Lane, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863) will open on December 15, 16, 19 & 20 from 10am to 7pm.

When will I receive my check?
Applications will be processed on site and you will receive it the day of your visit.

Will you have an interpreter at the CARE MORE Assistance Center?
We will have a Spanish/English interpreter available.

What do I need to bring with me to the CARE MORE Assistance Center?
All you will need to bring is a photo ID and proof of residence such as a utility or phone bill. (If your photo ID includes your home address nothing further is required)

Does my whole family need to come to the CARE MORE Assistance Center?
No, only the primary contact person of the residence is required.

How will I get updates on this process over the 6 month period?
We will send email newsletters, post to social media and if needed, call via phone. We will also message updates through TV, newspaper and radio.

Follow On Facebook

If I move over the 6 month period, how can I keep my address up to date?
Please email any updates to or call 865-428-9606.

Can you also update my child’s Imagination Library address so we keep receiving books?
Yes, as part of the application process, we can enroll or update children’s addresses in our system.

Do I need to be the homeowner or property owner to receive a check?
You are not required to be the homeowner, but you must have been actively renting and living in the property as a resident at the time of the fire.

Can I get assistance if my rental cabin was a total loss?
No, only families who rented or resided in a home will be eligible to receive assistance.

What number can I call with questions?
You can call the Dollywood call center at 1-800-Dollywood or locally at 865-428-9488.

I do not have a checking account, how can I cash my assistance check?
The Dollywood Foundation worked with our banking partner, Citizens National Bank, to allow any recipient of My People Fund checks to cash them with only a photo ID at any Sevier County branch.
Click here to find a branch near you.


How much of my donation goes to the families?
100% of your donation will go directly to the families who lost their home in the wildfires.

I would like to make a large donation, is there a special process for this?
Yes, for any donation over $10,000, please call 865-428-9608 or email us at

Is my donation tax deductible?
Yes, All donations are made to The Dollywood Foundation which is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (EIN 62-1348105).

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This